Nexans handles both sides of the energy equation: standardization for infrastructure interoperability, and customization for special railway needs.
In important turnkey projects, Nexans aims to supply the complete range of cables and services. We pioneered halogen-free, flame retardant (HFFR) cables according to the highest IEC 60 332 specifications and produce all subgroups of it.
And we developed new Right-of-Way (ROW) solutions that makes it possible to combine fiber optics and energy for train control, communications, data, etc.
This Nexans solution gives you:
- One-stop shopping for virtually all standard power infrastructure cables, with customized expertise available for special customer needs or challenges
- Unsurpassed conductor quality based on permanent product quality control and ongoing research on designs and new copper-alloys
- Proven expertise in all types of railway power systems: mainline, high-speed, light rail, metros, tramways, and people movers
- Secure cable types for reliable and continuous energy
- Advanced sheathing techniques for the railway environment to protect against heat, oil, weather, rodents, human threats, etc.
- Enhanced strength and durability due to double steel tape armoring techniques
- Innovative energy technologies, like the graphited outer sheath which makes it possible to measure key factors after installation: faults, leakage, short-circuits